Role: ICT Apprentice
Company: C&K Careers
Address: 78 John William St, Huddersfield HD1 1EH
Hour worked: Full time
Salary: National minimum wage/national living wage rate as this applies to their age.
At the end of an apprenticeship if employment is continued all apprentices regardless of age (if they are under 25) will move on to the National Living Wage – £16,679.
Please contact Lauren Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
C & K Careers is a forward-looking company that has successfully delivered high quality careers information, advice and guidance services to young people and adults for more than 20 years. We are a not for profit organisation that understands our customers and delivers on their needs. The success of the company has enabled us to expand and we are keen to acquire new talent to join our highly valued team of qualified and professional people.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a ICT Apprentice with C&K Careers, a forward-looking company that has successfully delivered high quality careers information, advice and guidance services to young people and adults for more than 20 years based in Huddersfield.
The successful candidate is not likely to take up the position until late June, early July.
To support the work of the ICT Team in implementing and maintaining the Information Technology infrastructure & systems to support C+K Careers and its staff. To be trained in a wide variety of IT tasks to include the following:
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To provide 1st line support for Company systems and users.
- To install software – network, PC / Laptop based.
- To receive and act on support calls from users through our ticketing system.
- To set up and install hardware to specific configurations.
- General maintenance of IT related hardware – PCs, Laptops, printers etc.
- To assist the IT Team in the implementation of new software.
- To provide reports/statistics from company systems.
- To work on ICT development projects developing new, more efficient ways of working.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of latest Careers systems.
- To assist with the servicing of User Groups and IT training courses.
- To assist the ICT Team in ensuring all IT equipment is free from viruses, illegal software and non-company software.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in IT and a good knowledge of the MS Windows operating systems / environment.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Good PC skills.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment to learning and willing to participate in training towards the required qualifications.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Excellent time keeping attendance record.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Level 2 ICT qualification
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues affecting customer care and the ability to integrate this into everyday working practices.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com