Ilkley Grammar School
Title: Level 3 Information Communications Technician (IT Apprentice)
Company: Ilkley Grammar School
Full Address: Cowpasture Rd, Ilkley LS29 8TR
Weekly Hours Worked: 8.00am to 4.00pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch each day and an early finish of 3.30pm one day each week
Salary: Annual salary £13,000
Please contact Ciara Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Ilkley Grammar school is a comprehensive academy, our overriding aim at IGS is to ensure that our students achieve everything that they are capable of – their ‘Personal Best’ – from Year 7 through to Sixth Form and beyond. We recognise every student as an individual, with different needs and talents, and we work hard together to make sure we support and nurture successful, happy and confident learners who achieve in the widest sense of the word, and not just academically. Staff wellbeing is also extremely important to the school and we have recently introduced a number of extracurricular, voluntary ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ sessions for staff to access across the school year. The school closes earlier for students on Wednesdays in order to accommodate these sessions as well as to facilitate whole school and departmental staff CPD.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity with Ilkley Grammar School for a Level 3 Information Communications Technician based within Ilkley.
To work with all technical and administrative aspects of the ICT provision, ensuring an efficient, effective and proactive service to the users, supporting the overarching aim of continuous school improvement whilst keeping the school at the forefront of ICT. You will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge required for an ICT Apprentice and complete a Level 3 Information Communications Technician qualification. As this is an apprentice position, applicants will be supported on a thirteen-month apprenticeship Programme.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide support for the operational running of the IT network infrastructure and IT resources within the site.
- Provide efficient 1st line support for incidents and escalation to 2nd line and third parties when required.
- Administer the IT Helpdesk system, actively monitoring, recording, prioritising and updating incidents.
- Provide support for the provisioning and maintenance of organisational directories including Active Directory and Identity Management Systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of hardware including workstations, laptops, printers, projectors, interactive whiteboards and audio systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment within the site and equipment shared with Students (as appropriate)
- Liaise with suppliers regarding supply and resupply requirements.
- Encourage and promote “Best Practices” to users of ICT.
- Facilitate technical requirements for assemblies and events.
- Supporting and educating users on o365 capabilities and collaboration tools (Mail, OneDrive, Teams etc).
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- To support, uphold and contribute to the development of the Academy’s Equality policies and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community.
- Be aware of the school’s duty of care in relation to staff, students and visitors and to comply with the health and safety policy at all times;
- Establish and maintain positive, constructive and professional working relationships with staff, visitors, students, parents and other professionals of the school;
- Be aware of and comply with the code of conduct, regulations and policies of the school;
- Develop self within the post, undertaking training/appraisal as appropriate to ensure that relevant knowledge and skills are updated in order to support school development.
VARIATION IN ROLE
Given the dynamic nature of the role and structure of Ilkley Grammar School as an Academy, it must be accepted that, as the Academy’s work develops and changes, there will be a need for adjustments to the role and responsibilities of the post. The duties specified above are, therefore, not to be regarded as either exclusive or exhaustive. They may change from time to time commensurate with the grading level of the post and following consultation with the post holder.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Attention to detail.
- Hard Working.
- Been able to work alone as well as in a team.
- Driven and versatile.
- Professional manor.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com