Job Title: ICT Technician
Employer: Covea Insurance
Full Address: A+B Mills, Dean Clough, Halifax HX3 5AX
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum DOE
Please contact Ciara Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Covea provide insurance cover for customers via insurance brokers, intermediaries, and direct distribution channels. Currently employing around 2,000 talented people across our 8 offices throughout the UK, we’re perfectly placed with the knowledge and expertise to look after a diverse range of insurance needs.
Our purpose is to “help protect people against the worst happening and put it right if it does”. It’s the reason we are here, and it’s the task we should focus on every day. If we can get it right – as individuals, as businesses and as an industry – not only will we be more successful, we will have the satisfaction of having made a real difference.
Covéa Digital are on the hunt for a budding apprentice to join our Digital Team. If you’re interested in starting your career in technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate should be someone with a real passion for IT especially hardware and infrastructure. You don’t have to have great knowledge in IT as the purpose of this role is attract people with the drive to succeed and train them into the engineers and leaders of tomorrow. The most important skill you can have is a good logical way of thinking and the ability to break down and solve hard problems.
Understand the Covéa network & assist BAU teams in maintain the existing environments and also assist with project work where required to deliver new capabilities to the business. Activities will include:
- Switch and router administration
- Network troubleshooting
- Wi-Fi configuration
- Firewall and Proxy administration
- Cable patching and hardware install
- Data centre networking configuration
- Connectivity to cloud providers
There is an element of self-learning so you will be responsible for making sure all your coursework is complete and you seek to broaden your softer skills.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A passion for technology and all things digital
- Highly motivated and driven with the desire to learn and develop
- Logical and creative thinking, with the ability to use your own initiative
- Analytical mind, with a passion for problem solving
- Strong attention to detail, with strong organisational skills
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
- A grade 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
The ICT (network specialism) apprenticeship leads predominantly to a permanent network engineer role. There are many levels of qualifications to gain in networking from Routing and switching, to Wi-Fi, security and Data centre networking. Once competent, this usually leads to expert qualifications or network design and architecture roles
What’s on offer?
- Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship – Virtual delivery and support throughout the 15 month programme.
- 25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
- A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through Covea Minds, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers
Please note, due to Covid-19, we currently plan to deliver the training virtually so successful candidates will need to be comfortable learning remotely. You may also be required to work remotely once training is completed but will need to be in commutable distance to the office.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com