Schroders Personal Wealth
Apprentice IT Support Analyst
Schroders Personal Wealth
1 City Square, Leeds, LS1 2ES
35 hours per week
£18,200 per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 0113 500 333
About the company:
Schroders Personal Wealth is a joint venture between Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders – two of the UK’s largest names in banking and asset management. We were created to help more people across the UK benefit from financial advice. We have the advantage of solid foundations and a strong heritage. But we take a fresh, transparent, and personal approach to financial planning.
We aim to provide clients with clarity and transparency in everything we do. This includes using technology to explain how long-term financial planning can add value to people’s lives; to give people access to information about their financial wellbeing; and to communicate with their adviser when it’s convenient for the client. Our heritage may be 400 years old, but our approach is built for the future.
Brief job description:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to progress their career in IT within a cloud based organisation. As an apprentice in our Infrastructure and Technical Operations team, you will interact with both business colleagues, other members of the SPW IT team and external suppliers to support infrastructure solutions and applications across the organisation. In addition to the skills and knowledge you will gain from your role, you will be fully supported on your journey to achieving an IT apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of activities across a range of IT areas including:
- Device, Application & Data Management
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- Process Automation
- Active Directory/Identity & Access Management
- Integration of Cloud based systems to the environment (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
- Networks (WAN, LAN and WiFi)
- GCSE Grades C/4 and above (or equivalent) in maths, English and IT. A-Levels or Level 3 BTEC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to colleagues at all levels
- Proactive and conscientious, with an appetite to learn new skills in a fast moving environment
- Evidence working well individually with limited supervision and also working as part of a team with limited supervision
- Evidence of problem solving / troubleshooting
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Passion for technology demonstrated through hobbies, extra-curricular activities, working examples
- Knowledge of MS Windows and how to access and change settings.
- Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated with an inquisitive approach to work and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- We’re also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you’ll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach to achieve a common goal.
- Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skill
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org