Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Gaming PC Technician
FACS House, 37-39 Holmsdale Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 4HS.
9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Wired2Fire is a leading producer of desktop and laptop gaming PC systems. Since 2004 we have won numerous awards for our products which offer quality, reliability, performance and value.
Our primary focus is the production of high end gaming desktops. These range from standard desktops to top of the line water cooled gaming PCs.
We also offer a range of flight sim and AV workstations, as well as a totally custom build service. This ranges from rack-mount gaming systems, to ultra high end streaming workstations. We can and do build some of the most unique desktop PC systems around.
We are very proud of the quality of our product and service. This is because we know our customers are extremely happy with our products which leads to great feedback and very a high number of repeat customers.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Wired2Fire, a computer store, based in Dorking.
Your role will be extremely diverse and interesting, the primary functions will be assembly, testing and troubleshooting a wide variety of high end gaming PCs.
You will also be required to interact with customers on the phone, by email and in person, offering technical support and sales advice.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assembly of desktop PCs
- Installation and testing of Desktop PCs
- Troubleshooting faulty PCs that fail testing or that have technical faults after delivery to the customer.
- Stock control to include receiving of goods in, allocation of stock to orders and packing and shipping of assembled computers.
- Maintain a tidy and clean workspace.
- Maintain up to date images for our automated installation server, including updating drivers and windows updates.
- Telephone sales support to include offering advice on the best product for the customers requirements at the customers chosen budget.
- Telephone technical support, to include a wide variety of hardware and software issues.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- You will need to speak to customers on the phone so a confident manner will be important.
- Experience with PCs and IT hardware
- Problem solving way of thinking
- You must be highly motivated individual, willing to work hard and look for work.
- The role is very broad and would suit someone that can show initiative.
- An interest in gaming PC hardware, PC gaming and e-sports would be very useful.
- You must be meticulous, attention to detail is a key factor in producing high quality products consistently. This means following rigorous quality control without cutting corners.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org