Level 3 Data Technician
Company – Fusion Education People Solutions
Full Address – First Floor, Unit A, Cedar Court Office Park, Denby Dale Road, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5 hours a week
Salary – £12,000 starting
Please contact Lois on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
FusionHR support over hundreds of schools and businesses nationally with HR and Health & Safety Services. With a team of education specialists, along with business and legal specialists, our team offer both commercial advice and a safe pair of hands.
Over the past few years Fusion have used their HR expertise and vast experience in education to develop a number of software platforms that are bespoke to Schools, Trusts and Academies. We have worked with our clients to test, feedback and develop new and exciting features and we are always looking for the next development.
Take a look at our current software platforms:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Technician Apprentice with Fusion HR, a HR solutions business based in Wakefield.
Comprehensive data support for the People Software department – supporting with client data management, data analysis, production of reports and data validation. At Fusion Business Solutions we are developing our software at a rapid rate and we urgently need new talent to join our team. We are able to offer an excellent career path, exceptional training and the ability progress with a thriving and exciting business. If you love Tech products and want to be part of a friendly and supportive team then take a look at our exciting apprentice opportunity.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Collection of new client data and recording in the CRM.
- Monitoring and maintaining the CRM to ensure it is kept up to date for all clients.
- Collating and formatting data to facilitate processing and presentation for review by both external clients and internal team members/managers.
- Supporting with client onboarding and retention, carrying out analysis of client data including uploading into the products.
- Producing reports using client data and providing analysis for review by the client relationship officer and client.
- Analysing data issues to spot any common trends and underlying problems.
- Project Work as required.
- Producing reports from the customer hub to provide to the customer success manager.
- Blend data by combining data from various sources and formats to explore its relevance for the client needs.
- Validating and cross-checking client data provided from a number of sources MIS, Payroll etc to ensure validity of the data provided.
- Feed into team meetings to provide findings from data analysis.
- Collaborate with people both internally and externally at all levels with a view to creating value from data.
- Practise continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development.
- To undertake ad hoc work under the direction of the people software Team.
- Assisting the Team with ensuring the telephone is answered promptly and in accordance with the company policy, taking appropriate action and notifying the relevant person as required.
- Using own initiative to assist the client.
- Assist with setting up the training suite for training , meetings, arranging refreshments
- Use own initiative to assist colleagues.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Microsoft packages – Excel/Word/Outlook/ databases
- An understanding of Data and Data Analysis
- A desire to progress a career in Data Management
- A willingness to gain further qualifications
- Team player who can work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- High levels of integrity, honesty and credibility which will inspire confidence and trust from both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multitask whilst ensuring attention to detail
- A desire to achieve excellent organisational skills to enable planning, prioritising and delivery of work to tight deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Highly motivated, confident, `can do’ problem solver and self-starter.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly disposition.
- Computer literate and able to work at a fast pace.
- Has professional approach.
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise effectively
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Data Technician, with training in how to:
- Identify the right data sources for your business to inform decision making.
- Collect, compile and cleanse data accurately and securely.
- Identify, anaylse and interpret data, trends and patterns.
- Produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Store and archive data in line with data protection legislation.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/data-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com