Data Analyst Apprentice
Address: Roebuck Ln, Smethwick B66 1BY
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
Salary: £12k per annum
Please contact Josh Ankers on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Apprentice with DPD, a Parcel Delivery Company based out of their depot in Smethwick Birmingham. The role is to support the People Systems Administrator in all matters relating to our internal people systems. To support the collection, analysis, and interpretation of all data to implement changes and improvements across the business.
- To collect, organise and study data to provide business insight.
- Be involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting, and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies.
- To work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholder/customer issues.
- To document and report the results of data analysis activities, making recommendations to improve business performance.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures, and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses.
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
- Ability to summarise data at a
- strategic level to assist Directors with key decision making.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and an eye for detail
- Use initiative and think in an innovative way to tackle problems confidently and present solutions.
- Fantastic organisational skills and excellent time management
- 7 GCSEs grades A*- C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and at least a B/6 in Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analytics Software
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org