Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Company: 3VRM Limited
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Reporting to: Third Party Risk Director
Place of work: 28 Kansas Avenue, Salford, England, M50 2GL – Company registered address but role is completely remote working from home
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
3VRM is a specialist consultancy and managed services company, founded in 2016, focused on delivering excellence in third party risk management.
The company works with over 30 organisations across industry sectors on a range of projects in three main categories:
- Designing and implementing TPRM frameworks and activities;
- Conducting supplier risks assessments and due diligence as a service, with a focus on IT Security, Cyber, Resilience and Privacy;
- Supporting organisations identify and implement the right enabling technology.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst with 3VRM Limited, a managed services and consultancy firm.
The role of a Cyber Security Analyst at 3VRM is to help our clients clearly understand their exposure to cyber security threats/risks and put in place pragmatic and cost-effective controls. They Identify, manage and treat risk to a client’s information and information technology assets.
As a Cyber Security Analyst on our apprentice programme, you will be given the opportunity to work on a range of projects across our varied client base, which will give you the foundations from which to develop a career in Cyber Security. Your responsibilities may include:
- Understanding business and information risk context (typical business drivers, cyber security threats and implementation challenges) of our clients.
- Assessing cyber and security risk at a technical and business process level and clearly articulate both verbally and in writing to key stakeholders.
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls (in relation to known controls frameworks as appropriate) and proposing proportionate security improvements.
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions.
- Supporting the development of enhanced third-party cyber assessment control frameworks.
- Working alongside delivery partners to develop new security service offerings.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C /9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position as part of our Cyber Security team.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials
- Network & Digital Communications Theory
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
- Security Case Development & Design Good Practice
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Upon successful completion of the Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard, successful candidates will receive the opportunity to study for their Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org