Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: HelpDesk Heroes
Full Address: 1 Long Ln, London SE1 4PG
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9-5
Salary: 16 – 23k dependent on experience
Please contact Nabila on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
HelpDesk Heroes HDH are a team of experienced technical and security specialists delivering professional, proactive and bespoke IT support to various industries and sectors. As part of our ongoing growth strategy, we have opened up the opportunity to expand our support team with a Technical Support Specialist. This is a great opportunity for a driven, motivated and IT passionate individual to join an international support team working in multiple sectors simultaneously.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Apprentice with HelpDesk Heroes an IT Support Company based in Central London.
Candidates for this role must be comfortable dealing with people, both face-to-face and remotely using telephone and video/screen sharing. Given the nature of our business at HDH, we are looking for an enthusiastic fast learner who has the ambition to develop their IT skills within many different areas.
As a Junior Technical Support Specialist, you’ll learn how to provide technical support via an IT helpdesk portal, in person, email and over the phone.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st Line IT Support and escalation
- Tracking and routing problems and requests
- Client management both face to face and via email and phone
- Troubleshooting, configuring and assisting with various software packages for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Assisting our remote specialists with hands-on tasks for local networks
- Assisting with project planning and delivery
- Assisting with new client acquisition and on-boarding
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good knowledge of technical IT
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Knowledge of setting up IT telephony equipment, including peripherals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers
- Comfortable with all forms of communication verbal/written/face-to-face
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team to resolve all client’s issues to the highest of standards.
- Clear and strong on the phone.
- Hard working.
- Driven/hungry to succeed.
- Must demonstrate a ‘can do attitude’.
- Quick/keen learner.
- Committed to both work and learning.
- Good team player.
- Mature attitude/approach.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com