Level 3 Data Technician
Title: Apprentice Data Planner
Company: DAZN Group
Full Address: White Rose Business Park, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds LS11 0BG
Weekly Hours Worked
Salary: 12K Per annum
Please contact Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are DAZN. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. Together, we bring ambition to life.
We are the digital leader in global sports media. With 2,800 employees in 25 countries, we are home to the world’s largest, fastest-growing sports streaming service. We’re using world-class technology to revolutionise the industry. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen – to make a difference for our customers.
Sports fans are the lifeblood of DAZN and the very reason we exist. In order to best serve them, our global workforce must reflect the diversity of sports fans all around the world.
We recognise that having the strongest workforce possible means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity – where everyone can contribute at the highest level and their voices can be heard.
For us, it’s all about Limitless Ambition – never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We’re growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that’s just the beginning. There’s so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you’re ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you’re the kind of person who’s going to succeed at DAZN.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Data Planner with DAZN Group, a digital leader in global sports media based in Leeds.
As an Apprentice Data Planner in the Central Planning and Bookings teams, you will learn to play a key role in the operation of DAZN’s global live and non-live output. We are looking for talented, diligent candidates with strong attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
Experience is something we will give you. What we want you to give us is intelligence, diligence and an engine that drives you forward – never being satisfied with delivering second best quality of work.
Just enough is not good enough for DAZN, so if you can accept that challenge and you have what it takes to begin a career in sports broadcasting, being trained by some of the best in the business, we want to hear from you.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Manage the planning of all live and non-live content that appears on the platform from multiple broadcast partners.
- Act as key operational liaison between Central Planning, Production and Editorial teams to help implement content strategy
- Communicate schedule information to wider OTT & Group business units
- Working with linear operational teams on any changes that may impact the channels.
- Assist with event performance analysis.
- Learn and maintain a strong understanding of DAZN KPI’s.
- Schedule events within ScheduALL with correct TX timings & technical device allocation
- Clear and precise documentation, detailing end to end workflows and process
- Tracking ingest costs & highlighting overspends
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Enthusiastic and self – motivated individuals that can work independently
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Interest in the delivery of live sports broadcasts
- Willingness to research and learn sport competition formats
- Comfortable with maths, numbers, plenty of detail and even more detail.
- A natural planner – fail to plan, plan to fail
- Interest in content production for multi-platform distribution.
- Knowledge of, and strong interest in, sports and sports media worldwide.
- Interest in broadcast scheduling.
- Good organisational skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com